Home Page Forums Box Breathing Combining Mark Divine's technique with Dan Brule & Sri Tirumalai Krischnamachary

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  MikeYates 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey does anybody have any experience combining the Box breathing pattern with different types of exhales? Specifically like letting the exhale go? I asked this is I had a private message exchange with Dan Brule on Facebook which I’m sure all of you are welcome to do… In which he mentioned at the Box breathing technique is fantastic… However considering his work with Mark divine directly… And a podcast Dan relay had mentioned letting the exhale go is also a powerful technique not just for stress relief but for a different level of induction of the Consciousness aspect of breathing… I’m just curious if anybody has been doing any other breathworks aside from Simply the Box breathing?

I noticed it when I workout I do a lot of exhales with a sound especially when lifting and pressing or pull-ups or air squats or other activity hitting martial art type of work… However I’m currently got a left elbow issue that cropped up from doing a lot of punching bag work so I’ll be probably laying off that… Even doing Shadow Boxing now it’s got my left elbow a little bit sore so it’s going to be ice and heat massage for a and Chiropractic Care…

Nonetheless I’ve healed pretty much all the injuries I used to have and the new ones I get are as a result of the training… Pretty glad to see this form here and glad to see what happens… And also there’s a free book online by Sri krishnamacharya…its called yoga makaranda. [email protected][email protected]

hi Max
    havn’t seen your posts for a while on fbook but found this on the new um platform which I have recently logged onto. I have to admit I cannot get on with box breathing . I get into a conflict with the count and cannot relax and my breathing gets out of control. I do a lot of abdominal breathing almost automatically now and also warrior breath which works fine .

With reference to your post on exhaling I learnt a technique which involves abdominal breathing and a long exhale .
    Deep Abdominal Inbreath relax abdomen
    Hold
    Exhale long and slow as you can
    normal breathing 2 or 3 breaths
    Repeat
    normal breathing
    Repeat

Combining the abdominal breath with the slow exhale works really well for me calming heartrate and activating parasympathetic nervous system . Excellent for maintaining flow state and staying calm in stormy waters !
    Mike

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.