Home Page Forums Evening Ritual Is evening ritual less structured then morning?

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  AlexClark 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just wanted to initiate this topic. Currently my evening ritual is less structured. However, I co operate with the morning ritual depending on how my evening went and vicariously versa
    ..any thought ?!

I’m glad you brought this up. I don’t currently have an evening routine but find tons of value in my morning routine. I need to set one up. What are some things you incorporate and how is it different than your morning routine? Thanks

Hey Shayn,

For me the main difference between my evening and morning rituals is that I’m recapitulating instead of initiating.

In the morning I’m asking questions that initiate a mindset that is prepared for the coming day, basically I frame the day in a “winning before I enter the arena” sort of way.

I ask myself ‘what does winning in all 3 spheres look like today?’, then I visualize that until I can see it clearly in my mind.

*Side note: I try letting the answer to that question surface in my mind intuitively as opposed to actively trying to search for an answer or forcing it. If nothing overly powerful comes to mind after a few moments, I accept that and continue on with my ritual.*

In the evening, I reflect on how it all went. Asking myself what could I have done better in hind sight, then I use a brief box breathing, yoga, visualization practice to settle myself and integrate those lessons learned.

A good resource for this is the Kokoro Yoga book, if you haven’t read it already. Mark outlines both rituals really well in the book.

Max, my morning and evening rituals aren’t very structured either, so I think that is fine. I feel the rituals become cumbersome if I try to structure them too much.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.