Home Page Forums Morning Ritual Morning Ritual during shift work

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  JamesCozine 3 weeks ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am just starting out here at UM, and I am finding incorporating the morning ritual a bit difficult when I first wake up at work. I live at work while I am working, roughly 6 weeks at a time, and I have 8 hours at night before my shift starts in the morning. I have been getting up 40min early to start incorporating my morning ritual, which doesn’t feel like enough time to accomplish it and still have time to make coffee and the relieve the watch on time. So my question is, is it as effective to start with part of the morning ritual, relieve the watch and then continue my morning ritual afterwards, or is that disruptive of the process?

Something is better than nothing. Fit in what you are able when you are able.

Roger that, Thank you for the support!

@JamesCozine,
    I too work in shiftwork and occasionally encounter distractions. I attempt to the best of my ability to complete the ritual, however, in some cases if I have to move fast or get pressed on time. I try to get the basics in, (Gratitude, water, box breathing, movement practice, meditation, review plan of attack for the day!) I can get this in sub twenty minutes if I have to. like Brad said, something is better then nothing. At least go through the motions if all else fails.

Thanks man, I have found drinking water, gratitude practice, and box breathing is reasonable to accomplish. Then watch change is a fairly quick transition, after which doing more breath work and movement is easily accomplished.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.